The research program
The interfaces of Prosody (Metrics, Accentuation, Phrasing, Intonation) with the other dimensions of Grammar (Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics) are the subject matter of PRO-GRAM. Our research perspective is to analyze constructions with assumedly specific prosodic properties.
The main topics are:
- Extraction and dislocation.
- Association with Focus (restrictive adverbs).
- Clause types and speech acts.
The expected results are:
- multidimensional analyses of the above-mentioned constructions in an HPSG framework (LLF) or in the macro/micro syntax framework (DELIC).
- fine-grained modelization of French Prosody in the auto-segmental metrical framework (LPL and LLF) or the phonological theory 'par contours' (ARP).